ValleyFeverSurvivor.com
Valley Fever Message Board
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile      Homepagevfs Homepage   Log inLog in 

Valley Fever Survivor at Facebook  Valley Fever Survivor's Twitter updates  Valley Fever Survivor's YouTube Channel  The RSS feed for Valley Fever Survivor's updates
Cocci In GI Tract?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    valleyfeversurvivor.com Forum Index -> Personal Stories and Hopeful Stories from Valley Fever Experiences
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daddyniowa

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 4:49 am    Post subject: Cocci In GI Tract? Reply with quote

Since my one week visit to Mesa Arizona returning on Aug. 9th 2006. The night after I got home I had night sweats for just a couple of nights. Then my stomach got all bloated. In the weeks to come my stomach kept making this grumbling sound and burned some very high up like right behind my solar plexis area, and just under my ribs dead center. The burning finally subsided, but the bloat, GI noises and constipation remained. It was not until a month later that it sort of felt like the bottom of my lungs were constricted. I attributed this to the extreme bloated belly (that I did not have prior to my trip). Pushing up on my lungs, making it harder to breath. In time it became obvious that it was indeed my lungs that were having the problem, and it moved higher up in my lungs, accompanied by a stabbing pain just off the center of my sternum.
My question is, I am set to have my first colinoscapy soon. I am also going to have them do the stomach test where the run the scope down your stomach. Can the Cocci fungus thrive in a GI tract? If so are there any other special tests that I can ask for to determine what if any fungus is in my gut? Signed.......Tired of being bloated............Bob Crying or Very sad
kukukajoo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there! I have had real bad GI symptoms off and on since symptoms of VF started. Not sure if this was the cause but I never even had heartburn before my lung hemmorage and now I get it terribly.

One thing to mention is that you should really try to control this as it sounds like acid reflux- I let mine go for 8 years only to discover this year I have what is called barretts esophagus which is a precancerous tissue change from the acids!
bar84

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too have the same problems with bloating and constipation, I contracted valley fever in the fall of 2005 I started on Diflucan 400mgs a day and for about four months everything was okay, then I started feeling the bloated and constipated, I mean several test where done and have been done and those exams dont show nothing worng. The only thing that sometimes makes it better is choosing the right food. I mean sometimes I wonder do I have some sort of cancer or somehting else, but supposoly nothing is wrong, I guess it must be in the GI.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    valleyfeversurvivor.com Forum Index -> Personal Stories and Hopeful Stories from Valley Fever Experiences All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: