ValleyFeverSurvivor.com
Valley Fever Message Board
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile      Homepagevfs Homepage   Log inLog in 

Valley Fever Survivor at Facebook  Valley Fever Survivor's Twitter updates  Valley Fever Survivor's YouTube Channel  The RSS feed for Valley Fever Survivor's updates
Natural treatment

Post new topic   Reply to topic    valleyfeversurvivor.com Forum Index -> Pet Owner Stories and Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sheila

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 1:22 pm    Post subject: Natural treatment Reply with quote

What works for dogs works for humans and vice versa. Drugs given to dogs are the human drug class azoles like Diflucan, etc. Same drugs, same side effects, same valley fever.

I have 2 beagles dx 6/04, with titers of 1:32. Jennie had a totally compressed lung they said would need to be removed. I chose to treat them completely naturally, without the drugs. Perhaps you will find our story and herbal protocol of interest.

Our story and links to my protocol are here:
http://www.aboutherbhealth.com/HTMLpages/ValleyFever.htm

Yes, I have vf too, with a sudden onset cocci meningitis 11/04. Yes, I have treated it naturally. No, it's not gone, (although the rash is, thank goodness) but I'm working on it!
Sheila
kfranks

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be interested to know how you are treating CM naturally? My husband has CM and was treated medically with RX. Did you go thru the typical meningitis symptoms, light sensitivity, vomiting, headaches, etc without phamacuetical help...
Sheila

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because I have a good immune system, like most I didn't know I had vf. I got it when the beagles did, digging in the desert. But I experimented with a strong fiber product that caused my colon to go into spasms. Sometimes when that happens it will stir up anything that resides in the colon, unknown when undisturbed. Like herpes virus, cocci goes into dormancy unless the right conditions trigger it. The gastric distress triggered it.

That morning, in excruciating intestinal pain I went to bed. 2 hours later I awoke with a fever of 104 and a neck and head I call the untouchables. This lasted 3 days during which time I fought off the oncoming coma. On the 4th morning I knew the fever was starting to subside and I made my decision to not see a doctor.

My decision was based on the fact that I am allergic to most medications, aspirin, tylenol, antibiotics, you name it. I knew if I went to the hospital my chances of survival were lessened. That's why I am an herbalist and take really good care of my immune system.

I am treating myself, and have been since 4 days past the acute attack, with the same products I use for the beagles. I think Judd has mentioned some of these things, like oil of oregano. I use a strong colloidal silver and take lots of pills!

I think it depends a lot on how healthy you really are when you first get it. I have been into natural living since 1978 when the docs sent me home to die, without a clue. I was very strong when I got the fungus, and more important, very clean of foreign chemicals on a cellular level. I eat organic if possible, and no processed foods. My body reacts strongly to non-bio-organic matter, like soda and most other popular foods. Same for my dogs. They eat no foods with chemical preservatives. I'm sure that's why we are winning.
Sheila
lrm

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 7:48 am    Post subject: Amazing recovery Reply with quote

I have a dog- Hannah, that has Valley Fever.
Naturopathic Veterinary treatments were not working. Hannah was still alive after 4 months of treatment, barely alive. She is an Anatolian normally weighing a slender 110 lbs. She lost 32 pounds, was literally skin and bones. Several times per month she would become so dehydrated that I had to SubQ her with Ringers Lactate just to keep her alive. In my opinion, she was not improving. I would give her MicroCurrent treatments, but her body did not seem to respond.

2 weeks ago Hannah again, was getting SubQ Ringers, she was shriveled, dehydrated and could barely raise her head.

I decided to try ImmunoPlus and PulmonEZ Nutritional supplements from Total Health Enhancement. [www.totalhealthehnace.com]

In one day she was up, moving slow but acting happy.

On the 4th day she was bouncing around like a puppy.

By the 7th day she was literally chasing Jackrabbits. She has not been able to run for 4 months!
It has now been 16 days. She is eating everything in sight, she had always been a picky eater. She has obviously gained weight and is very lively, tormenting jackrabbits daily.

I started researching THE company and THE FDA approved supplements with a 100% money back guarantee, Nobel Prize winning research and many many very happy clients. These products supply the body with Nitric Oxide that enhances circulation.
When we treat the body with "Lights, Magnets, or MicroCurrent", we are drawing NO to the treated area. With repeated treatments, we are depleting the body of NO. Also the use of Bute, Banamine, any pain killers, NSAIDS, MSM and Glucosamines will deplete the body of NO. When I learned this, it was like all the blank holes in therapy suddenly made sense to me!

I cannot praise THE company and products enough. THE company staff of Drs will create an individualized treatment plan for each client, horse, human or canine. This is not expensive.

I truly am amazed. I have been 'round the block with the all newest supplement crazes, but I have never seen comparable research and such satisfaction! They have treated approximately 5000 horses for various conditions and have only had 6 product returns ever!
Sheila

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hannah is a real inspiration to the vf dog world. And for people too! Just shows how important building the immune system is. I checked out the website for those products you mentioned and indeed, there is quite a bit of research on NO. This holds true for people too. Nitrogen is usually lost during any illness. Nitrogen is like oxygen, without it you die. The only thing I did not like was that their "proprietary blend" of herbs was not listed. If a dog/person had an allergy to one of the herbs, this formula would not be recommended. I will continue to research on the website and perhaps contact them also, but my policy has always been to not use products if the ingredients were not disclosed. Which is not to say that this company/products are not good. Certainly your testimony is valuable.

I am a member of 2 vf groups on Yahoo. These people would be very interested in hearing your story. Can I copy your letter and post it for the archives? We need as much research/testimony as we can get for this unknown fungus. Perhaps you would like to join us. There is wealth of info on these groups, many experimenting with alternatives, like the sublimed sulfur treatment. If you would like to check them out my groups are: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/valleyfeverpets and
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Dogswithvalleyfever.

Thank you for your post. Words of encouragement with viable answers are needed! Congratulations on your efforts and hooray for Hannah!
Sheila
lrm

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 10:32 am    Post subject: Hannah -dog with Valley Fever Reply with quote

All the ingredients are listed on the labels. If you call Bob at Total Health Enhancement 888-422-8398 he will gladly discuss all your concerns. His staff of Drs consulted before prescribing ImmunoPlus and PulmonEz for Hannah's condition. Hannah may need to be prescribed a Total Health Product to address residual joint issues in the future.
lrm

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 12:17 pm    Post subject: Hannah -dog with Valley Fever Reply with quote

I will post Hannah's story on the other VF discussion group you suggested.
Sheila

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since learning of Hannah's experience with the Nitric Oxide product, I did a little research. The most interesting thing I learned was that the Noni juice I used for my own Cocci Meningitis is touted as a Nitric Oxide stimulator. I didn't know that. I just knew it would help. It was the inflammation I was after.

I originally bought the Noni juice for the beagles, for it's known anti-fungal and anti-inflamatory properties. I didn't really know about the NO connection. When I was hit with sudden onset CM I drank noni juice, 6-8 oz per day and I attribute my recovery without meds to the noni. Hmmmm. Think I'll get some more and give it to the beagles!
lrm

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 6:54 pm    Post subject: more info Reply with quote

Sheila,
I receintly learned about T-Noni's NO properties, I saw benefits in my horses in the 4 months, but then i did not use it while i was relocating. I did not use it myself, nor on Hannah.
I was thinking "Wow-OK this makes sense why it could work". But i already had Hannah on T.H.E. products.

Here is some info i read about Nitric Oxide:

http://www.totalhealthenhance.com/nobel.htm

http://www.beyonddiscovery.org/content/view.page.asp?I=981

http://users.rcn.com/jkimball.ma.ultranet/BiologyPages/N/NO.html

http://www.absw.org.uk/Briefings/Nitric%20oxide.htm

http://nitricoxide.anes.uab.edu/NO_Web.htm

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science?_ob=JournalURL&_cdi=6971&_auth=y&_acct=C000050221&_version=1&_urlVersion=0&_userid=10&md5=4249e7d507c9cba9bbe021392583d7c5
Post new topic   Reply to topic    valleyfeversurvivor.com Forum Index -> Pet Owner Stories and Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: