ValleyFeverSurvivor.com
Valley Fever Message Board
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile      Homepagevfs Homepage   Log inLog in 

Valley Fever Survivor at Facebook  Valley Fever Survivor's Twitter updates  Valley Fever Survivor's YouTube Channel  The RSS feed for Valley Fever Survivor's updates
Class Action Lawsuits for Valley Fever For Inmates

Post new topic   Reply to topic    valleyfeversurvivor.com Forum Index -> Valley Fever Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TwinDuct

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:18 am    Post subject: Class Action Lawsuits for Valley Fever For Inmates Reply with quote

Hi, i recently paroled from pleasant valley state prison in coalinga where i got valley fever pretty bad. im pretty much asking to see if anybody knows and/or has signed onto a class action lawsuit for valley fever agaisnt california department of corrections and/or state of california.
all the information will be highly important to me and some fellow people still incarcerated that i will mail the information to that dont have access or very difficult to obtain in there. i know... i tried... guess i need law firm name and whatever else dont have a clue.
[size=18]
mcastle66

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck on that one. My husband is a CO there and acquired Valley Fever. We're still jumping through hoops to get it accepted as a work related injury. If the state won't take care of their own employees, I doubt they'll do anything for the inmates. If you find someone willing, post it here and I'll gladly join the cause.
JB

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcastle66 wrote:
Good luck on that one. My husband is a CO there and acquired Valley Fever. We're still jumping through hoops to get it accepted as a work related injury. If the state won't take care of their own employees, I doubt they'll do anything for the inmates. If you find someone willing, post it here and I'll gladly join the cause.

Why don't you file a class action lawsuit on behalf of your husband and the other CO's out there who are put in harms way everyday, dealing with bottom feeders and then having to deal with VF on top of that?

Why wait for an inmate to file a suit?? Confused

I'm sure if you spoke with your husband's co-workers about the seriousness of employees contracting VF, they would follow you in filing a suit. You said you knew one of them who died from VF, get in touch with his family. I'm sure they'd be angry enough to want to help in an endeavor to take better care of our correctional officers in the line of duty.
mcastle66

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This sounds like a job for Erin Brokovich. There was some rumor out there that a class action suit on behalf of the CO's was a possibility. The only problem is that the attorney would only take if if they were no longer employed and hadn't filed a workers comp claim. These officers are not going to leave their jobs if they don't have to. I'm sure they'd all be willing to settle for just having the illness accepted as industrial without having to loose their livelihood in the process. The union could do it's part in supporting the fight as well but they haven't. I'm certain that if ever such a suit becomes a reality, it will be posted on this board. No offense inmate/parolee, but I'd be willing to put a wager on the fact the a suit brought on by inmates will reach headlines before a private citizens will.
Sheila

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcastle66 wrote:
No offense inmate/parolee, but I'd be willing to put a wager on the fact the a suit brought on by inmates will reach headlines before a private citizens will.

It would be a bigger headline if the inmates and CO's got together on the lawsuit.
phillipb

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 8:29 am    Post subject: prisons and vf Reply with quote

I believe the German pows in ww2 filed a complaint with the Geneva convention about vf and internment in california.

That might give you someplace to start
apple

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:17 pm    Post subject: "X" Inmate lawsuit Reply with quote

I too was a former inmate of the CDC and contracted Valley Fever. Ii spent close to 2 months in the hospital receiving treatment and have never been the same since. I have been out of prison and am off parole for a few months. But must continue to see doctors for breathing problems that I never had before. My " " free medical will end soon and I will be required to float the bills for all my medical problems. What options do I have.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    valleyfeversurvivor.com Forum Index -> Valley Fever Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: