ValleyFeverSurvivor.com
Valley Fever Message Board
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile      Homepagevfs Homepage   Log inLog in 

Valley Fever Survivor at Facebook  Valley Fever Survivor's Twitter updates  Valley Fever Survivor's YouTube Channel  The RSS feed for Valley Fever Survivor's updates
Good News (for a change): Titer = 1:2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    valleyfeversurvivor.com Forum Index -> Personal Stories and Hopeful Stories from Valley Fever Experiences
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cooljudy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:17 pm    Post subject: Good News (for a change): Titer = 1:2 Reply with quote

I got my "unofficial" results back from my latest "cocci" VF blood test. I have Kaiser Permanente coverage but they send out the lab tests to UC Davis for evaluation. Last October and January my titer score (the measurement ratio used) was 1:8. In April it had dropped in half to 1:4 (lower is better). Today it came back as 1:2. Normal is <2 and, from what I have read, a "2" means you have ...been exposed to VF (and apparently not an active case). Correct???

I will see my pulmonary doctor next Friday to confirm my reading of the results. He will also review last week's chest x-rays for more spots and be looking at my monthly liver blood work results since the anti-fungal medication (400 mg Fluconazole) I am on can damage my liver. Hoping this may be near the end of the monthly and quarterly testing I have been doing. We'll see. Wink
fuegoray

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations! Glad to hear of your progress! It is so important to stay pro active like you have by doing your research and seeing your Dr.'s

We all wish you the very best, but remember what all of the Dr.'s agree on is that once you have the fungus, you will always have the infection, so keep testing and keep up your fight! Glad you are feeling better Smile

Congratulations, Tammy
[/img]
claudia c

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good for you Judy! I hope you continue to enjoy better health. Thank you for sharing the great news with us! Best wishes to you, Claudia
cooljudy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Good News (for a change): Titer = 1:2 Reply with quote

My August 2012 titer DID lower again. Now 1:2 and the doctor has stopped my Fluconazole meds. Will do cocci titer blood test and another CT in late November. Yes, I know I need to keep re-testing and my doctor apparently agrees.
-- Judy

cooljudy wrote:
I got my "unofficial" results back from my latest "cocci" VF blood test. I have Kaiser Permanente coverage but they send out the lab tests to UC Davis for evaluation. Last October and January my titer score (the measurement ratio used) was 1:8. In April it had dropped in half to 1:4 (lower is better). Today it came back as 1:2. Normal is <2 and, from what I have read, a "2" means you have ...been exposed to VF (and apparently not an active case). Correct???

I will see my pulmonary doctor next Friday to confirm my reading of the results. He will also review last week's chest x-rays for more spots and be looking at my monthly liver blood work results since the anti-fungal medication (400 mg Fluconazole) I am on can damage my liver. Hoping this may be near the end of the monthly and quarterly testing I have been doing. We'll see. Wink
LindaA

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great news for you Judy!

A comment about the monthly blood tests for Titer/liver damage, etc. In my case, Medicare has been declining to accept those tests as "medically necessary" and I always have to sign for the cost. I do have liver problems that show up on those too. Good thing I have a supplemental, but I think of those without one. It's sort of infuriating.

But back to you. I hope that I can get to where you are. Congratulations.

Linda
Post new topic   Reply to topic    valleyfeversurvivor.com Forum Index -> Personal Stories and Hopeful Stories from Valley Fever Experiences All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: