ValleyFeverSurvivor.com
Valley Fever Message Board
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile      Homepagevfs Homepage   Log inLog in 

Valley Fever Survivor at Facebook  Valley Fever Survivor's Twitter updates  Valley Fever Survivor's YouTube Channel  The RSS feed for Valley Fever Survivor's updates
How long does the fatigue last?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    valleyfeversurvivor.com Forum Index -> Valley Fever Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FightingOffVF

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 11:45 am    Post subject: How long does the fatigue last? Reply with quote

Hello,

I have had VF for almost 3 weeks now. I am feeling much better. My rash has completely dissapeared and my cough has let up some. I was just wondering from everyone else's experiences how long does this fatigue last? Is it a case by case situation depending on the person, or does it normally run it's course and then dissapear? I have had enough of being tired and lethargic. I want to go back to my active and busy life. There have been days when I feel great and full of energy, but lately the past 3-4 days I have been really tired. My Dr. told me that the fatigue should pass soon, I am wondering how soon that will be. If there is anyone willing to share their knowledge and experience I would really appreciate it. I am trying to learn as much as I can about VF. Thank you in advance. My prayers are with you all...

God Bless,

Jason Wink
vfnewbie

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

I was diagnosed with VF in July. My doctor said that it could take a few weeks or a few months or even longer before the fatigue goes away. I guess everyone is different. My fatigue level is better now than earlier, but I still have a long way to go.

I live in Tucson, so I have spoken with a lot of people who have had VF. They all said that they remember the fatigue was the hardest thing to deal with. I was off work for over 1 month and I am still working not quite full-time.

I hope this helps.
KentuckyGal

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

I think it might be a case by case basis. I seem to remember reading somewhere (maybe this site?) that the fatigue lasts about 3 months. I spoke with a woman who took 2 years to get over the fatigue. I was told I would be back to normal 3 months after I started the meds. Not the case for me. I was diagnosed late May, went back to work full time in mid-September and just went down to part time this week due to the fatigue. I did some air travel over Labor Day weekend and picked up a bug of some sort that set me back some. I'm also still having weird unexplained fevers, and that probably has something to do with it as well.

I have always been border line anemic, even before the VF, and I find that taking my multi-vitamins (with iron) and eating more leafy greens/red meat helps some. I also find that staying away from sweets seems to help, since I get a short burst of energy and then just slump worse than before I had the sweets. That may just be me though.

Try to be patient and take care of your body as well as you can.

Take care.
FightingOffVF

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kentucky Gal,

Hello, thank you for sharing your experience with me. I am about 1 month into my infection and I am already feeling great. I got the reslts of my fist titer test last week and I was 1:2. My Dr told me if I continue to progress for the better she will take me off my fluconozol next month. My fatigue is completely gone, the rash is no longer, and my joint pain has completely subsided. I do have the annoying cough that comes with the condition, but it is nothing like it was a few weeks ago. I consider myself very lucky to be recovering so fast. Reading the posts and everyone elses experiences with the disease has made me even more gratefull for my speedy recovery! I do continue to pray for all of you still fighting the disease. I suppose I am lucky that I caught the VF and was treated as soon as it manifested itself in my body..! Who knows what kind of condition I would be in had I ignored the symptoms. Please keep in touch, my prayers are with you all. God Bless...

Jason~
casey

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my fatigue never went away, probably because i lost 25% of my lung function. and that lovely rash pops up from time to time. not on diflucan, but am on social security disability...
Ladysmith52

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jason -

How are you feeling now?

Are you already off the Diflucan?

Please update for us.

Take care,
Diane
Post new topic   Reply to topic    valleyfeversurvivor.com Forum Index -> Valley Fever Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: